North Canton Backflow Prevention Program
Welcome to the City of North Canton’s Backflow Prevention Program. This a program that is dedicated to clean and safe drinking water.
Lawn Irrigation Systems
The Ohio Administrative Code requires that all lawn irrigation system backflows be either a reduced pressure principle assembly or a pressure vacuum breaker. It is also required that these backflow assemblies be inspected annually by a plumber with a DOC backflow certification at the expense of the water consumer.
It is the policy of North Canton to require all businesses to have the minimum of a double check valve assembly backflow installed for containment purposes. If the degree of hazard is assessed to be higher, than a reduced pressure principle assembly must be installed as required by the Ohio Administrative Code. These assemblies are to be inspected annually by a plumber with a DOC backflow certification at the expense of the water consumer.
For Backflow Assembly Installation: Backflow assemblies must be installed by a plumber with a DOC Backflow Certification. It is also a requirement that the plumber be a registered plumber in the City of North Canton and that a permit be issued. Contact the City of North Canton Permits Department at 330-499-5557 to obtain a permit.
North Canton Consumer Confidence Report
The following information is provided by the various organizations involved with providing backflow protection:
View sections of the Ohio Administrative Code that provide regulations for backflow use
- Ohio Administrative Code 3745-95-01 Definitions (PDF)
- Ohio Administrative Code 3745-95-02 Cross-connections (PDF)
- Ohio Administrative Code 3745-95-04 Where Protection is Required (PDF)
- Ohio Administrative Code 3745-95-05 Type of Protection Required (PDF)
- Ohio Administrative Code 3745-95-06 Backflow Prevention Devices (PDF)
- Ohio Administrative Code 3745-95-07 Booster Pumps (PDF)
- Ohio Administrative Code 3745-95-08 Violations (PDF)
- Ohio Administrative Code3745-95-03 Surveys and Investigations (PDF)