About City Council
The Council is the legislative body of the City of North Canton responsible for the writing and passage of laws. To accomplish this task Council frequently meets with the Mayor, Administration, and the general public to identify and pursue the priorities of the City. Matters before City Council include economic development initiatives, City finances, improving and maintaining City utilities and infrastructure, local criminal laws, and nuisance abatement.
City Council consists of seven Council members, including four Ward Council members, and three At-Large members. City Council members are part-time public servants elected for two year terms.
Follow City Council on Twitter @NorthCantonCity.
Meetings of City Council are typically each Monday at 7 PM with the exception of City holidays and Council's summer and Winter breaks. Meetings are held at the North Canton Civic Center across from Price Park.
All meetings of City Council are open the public and on the second and fourth Monday of each Month the public are invited to address Council on the record. Meetings are also livestreamed via the City's YouTube page.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Want to know how the legislative process works? Check out our Legislative Process!
Matthew StroiaPresident, At-Large CouncilmemberPhone: 330-844-8231Additional Phone: 330-499-8223 Ext 2352
Stephanie WerrenVice President, Ward 3 CouncilmemberPhone: 330-499-8223 Ext 2330
Jamie McCleasterWard 1 CouncilmemberPhone: 330-844-8098Additional Phone: 330-499-8223 Ext 2310
David MetheneyWard 2 CouncilmemberPhone: 330-844-7860Additional Phone: 330-499-8223 Ext 2320
John OrrWard 4 CouncilmemberPhone: 330-904-3954Additional Phone: 330-499-8223 Ext 2340
Daryl RevoldtAt-Large Council MemberPhone: 330-499-8223 Ext 2351
Christina WeyrickAt-Large CouncilmemberPhone: 330-415-6461Additional Phone: 330-499-8223 ext 2353
Viewing Council Records
In accordance with Ohio Public Records law the Record of Legislation, the official Codified Ordinances, and other historic documents maintained by the Office of Council are available to be viewed by the public during business hours. For more information or to schedule an appointment Contact Council's Office.
Rules for Viewing Permanent Paper Records
- Appointments must be made with the Clerk of Council at least 24 hours in advance.
- Appointments may only be made during regular business hours of City Hall.
- Only one volume or file of records may be viewed at a time.
- All members of the public must be supervised while viewing records.
- Records may not be modified, disassembled, or otherwise altered in any way, including file order.
- At the Clerk of Council’s discretion, reasonable restrictions, such as the use of gloves and/or masks, or no-touch restrictions, may be required to view older, delicate records, in order to help prevent deterioration thereof.
The following documents are available for sale to the general public through the office of City Council. Listed prices include the cost of production plus a$1.00 handling fee as permitted by City Ordinance 113.01.
- Codified Ordinance of the City of North Canton
- Municipal Ordinances
- Charter of the City of North Canton
- Civil Service Rules and Regulations
Contact Council's office for more information.