How do I get a job as a police officer or dispatcher with the North Canton Police Department?

The North Canton Civil Service Commission handles applications for full-time positions as an officer or dispatcher. The Commission sets the qualifications and conducts testing for the positions. If you complete an application with their office, they will notify you when testing is being conducted. If you mark an application for both a full-time and part-time position, the Commission will forward a copy to the Police Department for consideration on the part-time request. 

The Civil Service Commission is located at City Hall and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Their telephone number is 330-499-8223 ext. 1006. Applicants wishing only a part-time position should ask for an application from the dispatch center at the Police Department. This can be done any time of the day. Completed applications will be forwarded to the Chief of Police.

Show All Answers

1. We are going on vacation. What do we need to do to have the Police Department check our house while we are gone?
2. What are the laws regarding child safety seats?
3. What do I need to do when I hear the tornado siren?
4. I need fingerprints for my employment. Will the North Canton Police Department take them for me?
5. I am divorced from my spouse and my ex will not allow me to see my children as required by the court-ordered visitation. How can I get the NCPD to help me see my children?
6. I parked my car on the street in front of my house overnight and received a parking ticket. Why can’t I park on the street overnight?
7. Do I have to register my bicycle with the Police Department?
8. How do I get a copy of a report and how much does it cost?
9. My child is having problems with other children at school and/or may be abusing drugs or alcohol. Do you have someone who can help me deal with this problem?
10. What about dialing 911?
11. I have some information that I would like to tell the detective bureau about but I want to remain anonymous. Is there a way to do this?
12. I have a gun and some ammunition in my home that I no longer want. How can I safely dispose of these items?
13. How can I get the speed trailer set up on my street?
14. How do I get a job as a police officer or dispatcher with the North Canton Police Department?